WHO WE ARE
ForwardXP develops leading edge video games and AR/VR software applications. Our veteran team has decades of experience developing legendary game franchises and other high-performance applications on emerging platforms. We also publish independent video games for all hardware platforms through our publishing label, including the hit-game “Please, Don’t Touch Anything.”
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
We're looking for a passionate and driven software engineer who can help us build great applications and games across multiple platforms. As a Software Engineer at ForwardXP, you will work as part of a small team to solve tough technical challenges in a high energy, startup like environment with experienced industry leaders and a highly collaborative team. You will design, implement, test and deploy apps to multiple platforms as part of the development team.
WHO YOU ARE
• Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and design patterns.
• Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies.
• Curious and self-directed with a strong attention to details and a user-centric approach.
• Experience with 3D programming and building apps in the Unity or Unreal engine.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and handle multiple tasks at once.
• 2+ years developing for the Unity or Unreal engine.
• 2+ years of writing production quality C/C++ or C# code.
• Must be legally able to work in the US.
• This is a full-time position in our Dallas, Texas office.
• Experience developing on Oculus VR platforms
• Experience with multi-threaded programming
• Experience shipping multiple game titles
• Experience debugging across a variety of hardware platforms
• Computer science or related degree