WHO WE ARE
ForwardXP develops leading edge video games and AR/VR software applications. Our veteran team has decades of experience developing legendary game franchises and other high-performance applications on emerging platforms. We also publish independent video games for all hardware platforms through our publishing label, including the hit-game “Please, Don’t Touch Anything.”
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
We're looking for a passionate and driven Technical Artist with a voracious curiosity to dig in to bleeding edge technology and understanding emerging approaches and solutions. As a Technical Artist you will work as part of a small team to solve tough technical challenges in a high energy, startup like environment with experienced industry leaders and a highly collaborative team.
WHO YOU ARE
• Expert level experience in major 3D software tools including Z-Brush, 3ds Max, Maya, etc.
• Deep understanding of graphics technologies, draw-call optimization, and FX rendering.
• 3+ years of professional experience as a Modeler or FX Artist for games.
• Experience writing efficient shaders/materials for Unity/Unreal.
• Able to collaborate and work well with a team.
• Passionate about games and development of real-time experiences.
• Must be legally able to work in the US.
• This is a full-time position in our Dallas, Texas office.
• Degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science or engineering.
• Experience with multiple video game platforms from mobile to consoles.
• Experience developing on VR Platforms.
• Experience writing scripts/tools for Maya or 3DS Max.
• Experience with Unity’s/Unreal’s particle systems.
• Experience creating animation rigs in Maya.